The Formation and Evolution of Planets in Protoplanetary Disks
Time & Dates
Friday 12:00 - 14:00 in the USM lecture hall. Weekly between 08.11.2019 and 07.02.2019
- 01.11.2019 (holiday)
- 27.12.2019 (christmas break)
- 03.01.2020 (christmas break)
- Formula sheet: During the exam, no help other than a calculator may be used. A formula sheet containing all necessary units, quantities, and formulas will be availible during the exam. The current version of this forumula sheet is available for preview here. It might change until the exam.
- On January 22, the tutorials will take place in the lecture hall instead of at Laplacestraße.
- 01.08.2019: News or updates will be posted here.
TopicsTopics covered in the lecture will include:
- Overview: Disks & Exoplanets
- Our Solar System
- Disk Formation and Disk Structure
- Disk Evolution - Viscous Theory, Disk Winds, and Dissipation
- Dust in Protoplanetary Disks
- Planetesimal Formation
- Terrestrial Planet Formation
- Formation of Giant Planets
- Planet Migration
- Evolution of Planetary Systems
- Observations of Protoplanetary Disks
Lecture slides will be posted shortly after the lecture.
|8.11.||Disks & Exoplanets - An Overview|
|15.11.||The Solar System|
|22.11.||Disk Formation & Disk Structure I|
|29.11.||Disk Structure II & Disk Evolution|
|06.12.||Disk Evolution II|
|17.01.||Giant Planet Formation|
|24.01.||Migration & Orbital Evolution|
|31.01.||Observations & Recent Developments|
Exercises are taking place at University Observatory Wednesdays, 3pm - 5pm in the seminar room at Laplacestraße (walk across the lawn from the USM). On January 22, the tutorials will take place in the lecture hall instead.
The exercise sheets will be posted here for download after the lectures.